CuroNZ is a small Biotechnology start-up company with a drug patent portfolio covering the peptide family, Neural Regeneration Peptides (NRPs), which were discovered by one of CuroNZ's Directors, Dr Frank Sieg.
Our plan is to develop our drug to the end of preclinical and Phase I Clinical development with the aim of licensing it or reaching other commercial arrangements to enable our partners to take it to market.
- Patent claims directed to neural regeneration and protection regarding the central nervous system
- In excess of NZ $6 million invested in the development of these compounds to date
- Lead compound in mid to late phase of preclinical development
- Unique mechanism of action which produces both regeneration of CNS tissue and anti-inflammatory effects
- Support from the General Fast Forward fund to develop NRPs for progressive MS
These exciting peptides have proven efficacy within various animal disease models indicating significant future therapeutic effects for several human central neural system diseases which currently have few treatments and potentially other applications.
Our drug has huge potential, however, we need additional investment to enable us to achieve our technical and commercial goals.